A new release of the Okapi Tools is available.
Also, there is now a wiki for Okapi’s help and documentation: http://www.opentag.com/okapi/wiki
Changes Log – Sep-30-2010
Download page for latest stable release: http://okapi.opentag.com/downloads.html
- Main Web site: http://okapi.opentag.com
- Google Code Project site: http://code.google.com/p/okapi/
- Download page for latest development snapshots: http://okapi.opentag.com/snapshots
Changes from M8 to M9
- Translation package Post-Processing utility:
- Fixed the bug where pre-translated XLIFF entries with translate=’no’ could not be merged back properly, for example for PO files.
- Added the user option "Always show the Log when starting a process".
- Fixed the bug in the Merge command where pre-translated XLIFF entries with translate=’no’ could not be merged back properly, for example for PO files.
- Switched help to use the wiki.
- Windows position and size are now saved for the next session.
- Added capability to save and load configurations outside the session.
- Improved pattern checks defaults and processing.
- Added support for short vs. long text in text length verification (new Length tab)
- Added experimental support for terminology verification.
- Added support for exceptions in verification of double-words.
- Added some limited support for string-based term verification.
- Translation resources:
batchQuerymethod to the
leveragemethod to the
- Open-Tran connector:
- Changed implementation to use the REST API instead of the XML-RPC.
- Improved support for queries with inline codes.
- SimpleTM connector:
- IMPORTANT: Changed the H2 database dependency from version 1.1.103 (.data.db files) to 1.2.135 (.h2.db files), this breaks backward compatibility: the new SimpleTM connector cannot open the old .data.db files. To convert an older TM: Use a M8 or prior version of Rainbow to run the SimpleTM to TMX step to export your database to TMX. Then, Use this version of Rainbow to run the Generate SimpleTM step to convert your TMX document into a new .h2.data file.
- Added the Resource Simplifier Step. It modifies normal reources of filter events into simpler resources for some third-party tools.
- Added the XLIFF Spitter Step. It splits several
<file>inside an XLIFF documents into separate documents.
- Added the Id-Based Aligner Step. It aligns text units from two input files, based on their unique IDs (resname).
- Added the XML Validation Step. It performs well-formness XML verification and optionally, DTD or schema validation.
- Sentence Aligner Step:
- Updated so entries with empty text are skipped and don’t cause an error.
- Diff Leverage Step:
- Added support for 3 input files: new source, old source, old translation. The second and third files must have the same text units (same number and same order).
- Modified several filters to generate unique extraction ids in non-text-unit events.
- Vignette Filter:
- Added support for monolingual documents.
- XML Filter:
- Fixed the bug where text extracted from attribute values was not processed for the codeFinder option.
- Implemented the Appendable and CharSequence interfaces for TextFragment.
- IMPORTANT: Changed
TextFragment.toString()to return the coded text instead of the original content of the fragment. The previous behavior of
toString()is now accessible using
net.sf.okapi.lib.extra.pipelinebuilderpackage has been added. It allows you to easily script run pipelines, for example using Jython.