TMbuilder is a small tool that makes building up TM export/import files as straight-forward as possible. You can use it to batch-import several files in Excel (2003 or 2007) or tab-delimited format and build a Trados-compatible or TMX 1.4b TMX file with a couple of mouse clicks. Here are some more details about the features:
– Accepts two input formats: tab-delimited text files and MS Excel spreadsheets
– Creates output files in two file formats: Translator’s Workbench 7.x/8.x (TXT) and the Translation Memory eXchange (TMX)
– Works on multiple input files and offers a merging feature – there might be just one import file
– Allows the user to specify standard TM fields, like: source and target ISO flags, segment descriptions and author name
– Removes additional quotes often created by MS Excel when saving the file to the Text form
– Works with standard encodings: Unicode and UTF-8
– Rapid file creation: milliseconds for .txt and seconds for .xls input files
The application is free for non-commercial use and can be distributed as a standalone executable program. It requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Useful, indeed, it can have great effects combined with tools such as Trados or Google Translation Toolkit.
Was unknown to me, very useful, thanks for the link.
Very nice tool. Very useful.
But I can’t find a downloadable installer anywhere. If my memory serves me correctly, it can be freely distributed. Would anyone like to share?
I cannot find a downloadable installer either, looks like the site http://ankudowicz.com/tmbuilder/ is does not exist anymore. Any suggestions?
It’s online again.
this tool did not work for me. It say improper Input file although I converted the Ecel spreadsheet to txt and tried both Unicode and UTF-8
Any suggestions please? Where am I going wrong?
i recently sueffr from stumbled beyond the article and after that admire him a lot. this particularly may I mean friends at once by twitter notify. This is extremely true, however. I this way very much. Thank you very much.
I have manage to select a excel the program accepts. I clicked create TM and then it said **Project completed**.
But where is it? i can’t use the TM if I can’t find it. Can somebody please help?
Thank you very much
Leave a comment